If you are old enough to remember the time when no one locked their home, you will understand how much things have changed. Post WWII life here in Australia was very open, with hardly any opportunist crime, a far cry from 2022 and with so many people out of work, now is a time to review your home security.
Here are a few things that you can do to improve the security of your residence.
- Video surveillance – CCTV is the ultimate deterrent; all thieves know that CCTV footage is accepted in a court of law and when a burglar sees a few cameras around the property, they will simply move on to the next potential target.
- Doors & windows – These are the only entry and exit points and if you happen to live in Bunbury, security screens can be tailored to fit all windows and doors, providing you with total protection. More and more Australian homeowners are realising the many benefits of bespoke security screening, which is permanent protection.
- Doorbell cam – These are inexpensive; simply stick the device on the front door and you can see who is at the door before you open it. Features include an intercom and you can order online from one of the many suppliers.
- Access control systems – Why not go digital with locking and you can say goodbye to those house keys? You can choose between keypad, where occupants have a password, or biometric access with a fingerprint scanner. Search with Google for digital locking, or ask your local locksmith to pop round and show you a few systems, which he can supply and install.
- Internet access – If your CCTV system is connected to the Internet, you can view your home in real time, which is very reassuring when you are abroad soaking up the sun. You can even move the camera and zoom in on any feature, which is kind of cool.
- Set a routine –When preparing to leave the house, always check that all windows and doors are firmly closed and locked. It only takes a single open window to invite a thief into your home and they can be in and out in 5 minutes! If you don’t want to become a statistic, you should get into the habit of checking the home prior to leaving.
If you think that your home security is up to scratch, ask your local locksmith to give you a free security evaluation, which he would happily do.
- How To Create More Space Around Your Property. August 30, 2022
- How to Boost your Home Security August 23, 2022
- The Main Reasons To Build a Custom Home for Your Family July 26, 2022
- How To Choose The Best Water Damage Restoration Company in Canoga Park, CA July 21, 2022
- There Is More To Your Locksmith Than Meets The Eye. April 9, 2022
- All the Facts about Dumpster Rentals March 26, 2022
- The Importance of Saving Phone Numbers March 9, 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- July 2019
- April 2019