Do You Want To Learn More About Caring For Granite Countertops?
People like to decorate their homes and offices with the best things possible. Many things entirely change the look of a place. One of the many things includes the granite countertops that bring an entire sense of royalty and uniqueness to the overall look. At the same time, there are some things that an individual has to keep in mind to keep them safe and shining at all times. It is always good to learn more about caring for granite countertops from time to time to keep them shine everlasting.
How can you protect the countertops?
The granite countertops can be protected in the following ways:
- To protect them against heat: coming in contact with direct heat can cause major damage to the countertops. It is thus advised to always place pads that protect the hot things and vessels coming in contact with the surface. Besides, other electrical appliances such as the crockpot, skillets, etc. can also cause damage and should be avoided above the granite surface.
- To prevent scratches and marks: it is recommended to not use any knives or any sharp objects directly above the surface. People should always make use of a chopping board as it will prevent scratches on the surface. It is also possible that some of the surface materials are better than the others and thus there are fewer chances for a mark.
Things not to be used
People should learn more about caring for granite countertops and avoid using the following things on the surface:
- Some of the household acids include vinegar, lemon juice, lime, etc.
- All the cleaners that are formulated with ammonia or other ammonia-based blending products such as Windex
- All the scrubby sponges
- Steel wool
How to remove stains
To remove stains, it is good to learn more about caring for granite countertops. Some of the tips include:
- All kinds of stains, big or small can be removed very easily by baking soda
- Water stains can be entirely removed by mixing hydrogen peroxide with a small amount of baking soda and applying directly to the area with the stain
- Stains that include an oil can be removed by making a paste of water as well as baking soda directly on the spot and keeping it wrapped in a plastic covering for some hours or even an entire night. Further, the spot can directly be washed with a solution of soap and water that helps
So, people should always learn more about caring for granite countetops as it ensures a long lie and shine of the surface in homes and other places.
- Landscaping A Personal Picturesque Paradise March 15, 2021
- Guide To Residential Construction Services Gonzales, LA March 11, 2021
- What Is A Door Access System? February 20, 2021
- Steamatic Of North Indianapolis: Keeping The House Clean And Safe Health February 20, 2021
- Choosing a Pool Building Service to Build Your Swimming Pool February 20, 2021
- Get The Benefits Of Home Security System Installations In San Francisco February 14, 2021
- Hire The Best And Recommended Interior Designer February 8, 2021